On 12 January 2017, four chemical substances were classified as Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) and added by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) to the Candidate List under the Registration, Evaluation and Authorization of Chemical Substances regulation (REACH). 173 SVHCs are now included in the latest Candidate List.
1. 4,4’-isopropylidenediphenol (bisphenol A; BPA)
2. Nonadecafluorodecanoic acid (PFDA) and its sodium and ammonium salts
4. 4-heptylphenol, branched and linear [substances with a linear and/or branched alkyl chain with a carbon number of 7 covalently bound predominantly in position 4 to phenol, covering also UVCB- and well-defined substances which include any of the individual isomers or a combination thereof]
Producers and importers should notify the ECHA before 12 July 2017 if the articles contain any of the four substances and meet both conditions below:
• the substance is present in those articles in quantities over one tonne per producer or importer per year, and
• the substance is present in those articles above a concentration of 0.1% weight by weight.
STC (The Hong Kong Standards and Testing Centre) is a not-for-profit, independent testing, inspection and certification organization. With a global network of ISO/IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratories and over 50 years of experience in consumer product testing, we can meet your conformity assessment needs with highly efficient and reliable service.
For details, please refer to the PDF or Word file on the webpage.